Assignments are submitted using MarkUs.
You can check your marks and graded assignment on MarkUs.
Logging into MarkUs
To log in to MarkUs, please ensure that you are doing the following:
- For best results, use Firefox to access MarkUs. Safari and Chrome may also work. MarkUs does not work
properly with Internet Explorer.
- Use all lowercase letters when entering your userid on the login page. Using
uppercase letters will render you unrecognizable to the system.
- Use the link to MarkUs provided on the menu at the left.
If you encounter a "Login Failed" message, check that you meet the above three
criteria before contacting course personnel. If you are still experiencing issues or
have run into different errors (such as a redirect problem), please e-mail the course
account with your Quest userid and a brief description of your error.
To submit files for Assignments, follow the instructions below.
- On your MarkUs homepage, click the assignment name to go to its submission page.
- This box shows you how many files you have submitted and how many of the
required files you are missing. The Missing Required Files will initially be
equal to the number of files you have to submit. As you submit the properly
named files, this number will decrease.
- Assignment Rules
- This box has the assignment name, due date, and the names of the required
files for the assignment. You must name your assignment submissions as indicted
by the list: a lowercase
a followed by the assignment number, then a lowercase
q followed by
the question number. The file extension must be
.rkt. For example, for Assignment 2 Question 3, your file
should be named
- Click the "Submissions" tab at the top of the page.
- Click "Add A New File". A new row will be added to the table. Click "Choose File" or "Submit" in the new row. (The
button's name will depend on your web browser.) In the window that appears, browse to where you
have saved your file and select it. Click the SUBMIT button.
- Your submitted file will now appear in the table. Check that the filename is correct. If you click on the
filename, you will see the contents of the file.
You should check that the contents are correct, and that you have submitted what you wanted to submit.
It is best to submit each file individually (add a single file and submit,
then repeat for all the files you have). While you can submit all your files at
once, there have been instances in the past where the files were not properly submitted.
Replacing a file
You can only replace a file with one that has the same name.
Do not use Internet Explorer to replace files. It will appear as though the
change has gone through when it has not. Your files will not be replaced.
- Under the "Replace" column, click "Choose File" or "Browse" for the file you want to replace. In the window that
appears, browse to the replacement file and select it. Click the SUBMIT button.
Deleting a file
If you have submitted the incorrect file, you can delete it by selecting the
"Delete" box for the file and then clicking SUBMIT. This is also an
alternative way to replace a file: delete the file you want to replace and submit
the correct version/file.
Viewing Assignment Marks and Results
Once marking for an assignment is completed, you can see your mark for each
assignment on your MarkUs home page. For a more detailed breakdown of your mark
along with marker comments, click the "Results" link.
- On the right is your mark breakdown:
- Under this tab you can see the mark you received for each criterion.
- Under this tab you can see the weight for each criterion and how your mark was
- On the left is the code for one of your files.
- To see marker comments, click on the drop-down box above and to the right of
- Select "GRADED_ASSIGNMENT.ss". This file contains all of your
- Put your mouse over any lines that are yellow. A box will
appear with the marker's comments about that particular line of code, or a general
note about your submission.
The "Annot. Summary" tab contains a list of all the comments a marker has made
to your assignment. Click on the link at the top left of each comment to go to the