Quizzes are meant as a review of the lecture material: each one will typically cover the material for the 2-3 weeks prior to the start date. Lecture topics are shown below, and quizzes are NOT cumulative. Quizzes will consist of multiple-choice, true/false and short-answer questions, and have a time limit of 30 minutes.
There are five quizzes: each one is worth 4% (5 x 4% is 20% of your final grade).
Piazza is inactive during Quizzes: you can make private posts but not public posts. Piazza will be reactivated when the Quiz period ends, and relevant private posts will be made public.
|#||Topics||Start Date||End Date|
|Q1||Introduction, User-Centred Design, Interfaces, GUI Interaction.||Fri Sept 18 @ 6:00 PM||Mon Sept 21 @ 6:00 AM|
|Q2||Introduction to Java, GUI Toolkits, JavaFX, Drawing, Graphics, Graphics Transformations, Events.||Fri Oct 9 @ 6:00 PM||Mon Oct 12 @ 6:00 AM|
|Q3||Widgets, Layout, MVC, Input, Multitouch Input.||Fri Oct 30 @ 6:00 PM||Mon Nov 2 @ 6:00 AM|
|Q4||Android Programming, Visual Design, Output, Transferring Data, Undo-Redo, Gamification.||Fri Nov 20 @ 6:00 PM||Mon Nov 23 @ 6:00 AM|
|Q5||Responsiveness, Input Performance, Accessibility, The Future of Interaction.||Fri Dec 4 @ 6:00 PM||Mon Dec 7 @ 6:00 AM|
You are expected to follow Academic Integrity guidelines.
- Quizzes are closed book. You are expected to answer questions, on your own, to the best of your ability.
- You agree that you will not attempt to communicate with anyone else, or seek assistance while writing this quiz. You will not provide help to anyone else writing the quiz.
- You agree that you will not attempt to look up answers or information online.
- You agree that you will not make any information from the quizzes public, or provide information from the quiz (including questions or answers) to anyone else.
Here's what you need to know about writing them:
- Quizzes are hosted in LEARN, and will be made available between the Start Date and the End Date (i.e. a 60-hour window).
- Piazza will be closed to public questions while the quiz is active! (You can post private notes to staff, but not public notes). This is intended to discourage people from talking about the quiz.
- To start a quiz, visit the CS 349 LEARN page, and select Content, and the appropriate Quiz.
- Once you start a quiz, you will have 30 minutes to complete it. You will be prompted to submit after the final question.
- There are no extensions! Please make sure to get it done on time.
- Grades will be released in Learn after the Quiz closes.