The questions here are meant as a review and
may not be representative of the types of
questions actually found on an exam.
Exam questions and styles vary from term to term but
the example midterm exams might give you an idea of what to expect.
CS350 Course Review Questions (no answers)
These are general questions that cover the entire class.
They were constructed by Gwynneth Leece, Andrew Song and
Rebecca Putinskiin in W10 to review the materials
covered throughout the term.
Old CS354 Study Questions
These study questions are old, and the course has
evolved since they were written.
Some questions may test material that is not currently covered
in CS350. You should skip those.
- the questions: PDF, PS
- the model
solutions: PDF, PS
- As of S14, here is a section-by-section list of recommended questions:
- Processes and Threads: 1,2,3,4,5,6,10,11,13a,14,16,17
what these questions refer to as "response time" is what the
current notes call "turnaround time"
- Virtual Memory: 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,13,20,21,22,24,27,30,33,34,36,38,40,42
- Disks and Other Devices: 1,2,5,6,7,8,9,14,16,18
- File Systems: 1,3,4,5,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,26,27,28,29,30,32,33,35,36,41,43a,44,46
Jul 28 2014