See About for course communication and office hours.
Students with Disabilities
AccessAbility Services collaborates with all academic departments to arrange appropriate accommodations for students with temporary or permanent disabilities without compromising the academic integrity of the curriculum. If you require academic accommodations, please register with the AccessAbility Services at the beginning of each academic term. They will in-turn contact your instructors and arrange accomodations if necessary.
Mental Health Resources
If you or anyone you know experiences any academic stress, difficult life events, or feelings like anxiety or depression, we strongly encourage you to seek support.
- Campus Wellness: primary medical care and mental health services.
- Counselling Services: provides programming and services to help you lead a healthy and balanced life.
- MATES: one-to-one undergraduate peer support program offered through WUSA.
- Good2Talk (24/7): Free confidential help line for post-secondary students. Phone: 1-866-925-5454
- Here 24/7: Mental Health and Crisis Service Team for Waterloo region. Phone: 1-844-437-3247
- OK2BME: set of support services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or questioning teens in Waterloo.
It is our intent that students from all diverse backgrounds and perspectives be well served by this course, and that students’ learning needs be addressed both in and out of class. We recognize the immense value of the diversity in identities, perspectives, and contributions that students bring, and the benefit it has on our educational environment. Your suggestions are encouraged and appreciated. Please let us know ways to improve the effectiveness of the course for you personally or for other students or student groups. In particular:
- We will gladly honour your request to address you by an alternate/preferred name or gender pronoun. Please advise us of this preference early in the semester so we may make appropriate changes to our records.
- We will honour your religious holidays and celebrations. Please inform of us these at the start of the course.
- We will follow AccessAbility Services guidelines and protocols on how to best support students with different learning needs.