CS 452/652 Fall 2019 - Lecture 1
September 4, 2019
- course web site should have all relevant information
- follow the Piazza group
- it is extremely important to find a compatible partner in terms of skill level, ambition, work habits, etc.
- overview of infrastructure: track, trains, analog controller, ARM computer, track PC, development computer
- use gtkterm terminal emulator to communicate from track PC to ARM computer
- access code to MC 3018 given
- two-box model: using separate computers for compiling and running
- use basic library support available with gcc - some parts might require extra work
- use C or C++, but keep in mind runtime limitations!
- see 'iotest' example and README file for further information
- no heap!
- no memory mapping, memory protections!
- avoid hidden shared memory communication
- basic GDB support
- assignment is out and due next week → start now